[fpc-devel] Fpc on Windows, how to specify foreign chars in -oExeName commandline

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sat Mar 27 19:21:26 CET 2021

On 27/03/2021 19:14, Marco van de Voort via fpc-devel wrote:

> Op 2021-03-27 om 19:11 schreef Martin Frb via fpc-devel:

>>> Did you select a 1-byte Japanese encoding on Windows?
>>
>> Probably not. I try to have my German ä and the Japanese char, both
>> in the name at the same time. (And maybe add some Arabic too).
>>
> So then you don't just want Japanese chars, you want full unicode, and
> preferably as one byte system. Do you know lazarus ? ( :-) ). Try to
> build the compiler in lazarus with the default utf8 code set in the
> resources screen, and then rebuild in a "cmd /w" prompt.
>
> Disclaimer: all from theory, I never tried. Requires Win10 1905+

1) not important, see 2 => so there is no flag/define to be given to the
make command?

2) So by default the compiler only handles the ANSI encoding on Windows?
Which also solves my problem.
I am trying to find out which of the gdb that I have supports what chars
in the exe name. But If an exe of that name can not be compiled, it
becomes less important. (Yes the user could still rename after build...)