[fpc-devel] Range check error on i386-win32

J. Gareth Moreton gareth at moreton-family.com
Mon Feb 22 16:57:11 CET 2021

Hi everyone,

While testing a patch for a bug fix, I discovered that there's a range
check error in the compiler trunk under i386-win32 if I run "make
fullcycle OPT="-O4 -CriotR -gl" CPU_TARGET=i386 OS_TARGET=win32".

The backtrace points to line 1602 of defutil.pas ("result :=
int_cgsize(def.size);") and it occurs when running ppc1 even before it
reaches the cross-compilation stages.

I haven't tested x86_64-win64 yet if only because I'm waiting on tests
to finish.  I'll let you know though.

Gareth aka. kit