[fpc-devel] FPC 3.2.2-RC1 release, now with working link!

Kirinn kirinn at mooncore.eu
Fri Apr 2 14:01:18 CEST 2021

> >> We have placed the first release candidate of the Free Pascal
> >> Compiler version 3.2.2 on our ftp servers.
> >>
> >> You can help improve the upcoming 3.2.2 release by downloading and
> >> testing this release. If you want you can report what you have done
> >> here: http://wiki.freepascal.org/Testers_3.2.2 or in the maillist.
> >>

> > Test step 11 is "Run testsuite". The last time we were testing a
> > relese candidate, the test suite had a small number of failures,
> > but to a casual tester it was not clear what to do about it; which
> > tests are expected to be failing, which are dealbreakers, etc.
> > Should the test step offer more detail on how to react to or report
> > test suite results?
>
> Those are regression tests, so test against the results of the latest

Great, thanks. Testing ongoing.

I'm seeing frequent Access Violations when running programs of any
complexity that have been compiled with "-B -O- -Oodfa,deadstore"...
but this seems to have been happening already in 3.2.0, so not a
regression. I don't see a bug for this yet, so I'll try to come up with
a minimal reproducible. We'll need to warn users about this if it can't
be fixed for 3.2.2.

~Kirinn