[fpc-devel] Pure function development

Ryan Joseph genericptr at gmail.com
Fri May 1 11:12:05 CEST 2020

> On May 1, 2020, at 4:05 PM, J. Gareth Moreton <gareth at moreton-family.com> wrote:
>
> Okay, I'll give that a try - do I need to post the entire FPC repository there with my changes, or just the diff/patch files?

It shows the diffs for you. Fork the FPC project on GitHub (https://github.com/genericptr/freepascal) then clone it locally and make a new branch. Then you can navigate to the feature branch, for example on my GitHub I have a branch for "static array initialization":

https://github.com/genericptr/freepascal/tree/static_array_init

If you can find the little compare button you'll get a URL like this:

https://github.com/graemeg/freepascal/compare/master...genericptr:static_array_init

That shows the commits and changed files as a diff. It happens all automatically so all you have to do is push changes (in your git client or what ever you use).

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph