[fpc-devel] Linux Binary - Socket Output affected by SystemCtl, HELP!

Ozz Nixon ozznixon at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 14:54:24 CET 2020

Would/Could, LANG/LOCALE affect socket output?

* I personally do not touch environment variables - so I am not sure what
to ever try. The "client" (Telnet) I have tried Terminal.App, iTerm2,
Putty.exe, Telnet.exe, xTerm-256, fTelnet, etc. all clients on all 3 OSes
render '?' from the daemon if systemctl starts it, again, if I just start
the fpc binary from a shell'd session, ./program - it works fine on all 3
OSes that previously show '?'. I have tcpdump'd the socket, it sends '?'
when ran under systemctl, however, sends the 8bit character when ran
manually on the command line.

Thanks,
Ozz