[fpc-devel] SEH-based exceptions enabled on win32

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 10 07:49:19 CET 2020

J. Gareth Moreton <gareth at moreton-family.com> schrieb am Fr., 10. Jan.
2020, 01:20:

> Has code generation changed as a result? I recall i386 making heavy use
> of push and pop within routines rather than pre-reserving the stack in
> the prologue - this is a big no-no for SEH if I recall.

That might be due to the stack alignment that was recently introduced as
well.

Whether the stack of is manipulated with push/pop or is reserved in one go
shouldn't matter for SEH as the original stack pointer is stored in EBP
anyway and thus can be restored (or stored on the stack in nested calls and
can be restored from there as it's one of the first actions done in the
prologue).

Regards,
Sven