[fpc-devel] State of SSE/AVX intrinsics

J. Gareth Moreton gareth at moreton-family.com
Tue Apr 21 20:47:28 CEST 2020

Hi Florian,

As I mentioned in my future development post,
do you think FPC could benefit from
GetMemAligned and ReallocMemAligned routines?
The internal functions could be used to help
control such custom alignment in dynamic
arrays.

We're still waiting on a good language
feature to better control alignment - e.g.

Gareth aka. Kit

On Tue 21/04/20 19:59 , Florian Klämpfl
florian at freepascal.org sent:
> Am 21.04.20 um 14:58 schrieb denisgolovan
via fpc-devel:

> >> I think Gareth meant the address of V
> instead (Pointer(@V)).
> >>

> >> Regards,
>
> >> Sven
>

> > Hm. I have no idea why anyone would take
pointer
> to pointer :)
> >

> > BTW, Sven, what's your opinion on dynamic
arrays
> alignment problem?
>

> It should be fixed/there should be a
possibility to get them aligned

> properly. To be honest though, I did not
look into it yet.

__

devel at lists.freepascal.org
> https://lists.freepascal.org/cgi-