[fpc-devel] State of SSE/AVX intrinsics

J. Gareth Moreton gareth at moreton-family.com
Tue Apr 21 11:48:29 CEST 2020

One thing to be slightly aware of with
dynamic pointers and alignment. For V: atray
of Integer etc, make sure you check the
alignment of V[0], not V. V points to an
internal structure that is largely opaque,
while V[0] points to the actual data, which I
imagine is what you want to pass into VMOVAPS
etc.

Gareth aka. Kit

On Tue 21/04/20 11:17 , "denisgolovan"
denisgolovan at yandex.ru sent:

> > In that instance, I think it's because
TIntArray
> is not a record type
> > (it's essentially a smart pointer) and so
> RECORDMIN doesn't apply to
> > it. I do agree though that having an
'align'
> attribute of some kind
> > will make life a lot easier since you
don't have
> to play around with
> > multiple preprocessor directives that are
very
> hard to get correct.
> >

> > Gareth aka. Kit
>

> Exactly.
>
> That's why I think current functionality is
not enough for practical