[fpc-devel] Problems building xtensa-freertos RTL in trunk

Michael Ring mail at michael-ring.org
Mon Apr 20 00:03:06 CEST 2020

Thanks!

Your commit is close, but not yet there...

to make it work it was necessary for me to re-create the Makefiles,
arm-freertos was missing in the root makefile and some others, did you
rebuild fpcmake before using it?

You also did not include the rtl/freertos/arm directory (I guess on
purpose, it is currently an evil clone of rtl/embedded/arm):

without that directory and it's content the build breaks. I checked if
you did some magic to re-use the rtl/embedded/arm directory but this
does not seem to be the case.

Currently it is also perhaps a good idea to have a new directory for
freertos compatible units, from what I know today I will have to change
the interrupt-names defined in the unitfiles to be CMSIS (and for that
FreeRTOS) compatible.

This means that we will likely have to rename interrupt names like:

PendSV_Interrupt

PendSV_Handler

so that FreeRTOS can properly provide it's own routines for handling
SysTick, PendSV and SVCall Interrupt Handlers.

There may be other solutions to this problem, read somewhere that one
can replace symbols in the linker step, but for the first version it
would be good to have the changed units in trunk.

Here's a zip with the missing files:

http://temp.michael-ring.org/freertos-arm-missing.zip

Michael