[fpc-devel] Object upgrades

Ryan Joseph ryan at thealchemistguild.com
Sun May 26 22:24:11 CEST 2019

> On May 26, 2019, at 2:58 PM, Sven Barth via fpc-devel <fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>
> Keeping them alive is not the same as developing new syntaxes for them (and for objects that *would* be a new syntax). Also we fix bugs for them which Delphi does not do.

Can we at least do operators overloads for them then? It’s such a trivial change and makes it possible to use inheritance for records (I can do this in C++,C#,Swift which is very nice). Specifically I was trying to refactor some code and using subclasses for vectors would be really nice but without operator overloads it’s not possible.

Also, since we’re not getting ARC classes it looks like, management operators for objects would make it possible to use a base class for “boxing” managed classes.

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph