[fpc-devel] x86-64 Optimizer Overhaul Testing

J. Gareth Moreton gareth at moreton-family.com
Sun Jul 28 08:54:11 CEST 2019

Hi everyone,

So for the x86-64 optimizer overhaul
(https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=34628), I do my best to ensure
that the patches are up-to-date and merge successfully with the current
branch.

Last week, the user Akira1364 reported that they were able to trigger
internal error 2013102801 (raised in MatchOperand if the operand types
match but are neither top_const, top_reg or top_ref) with the patches
under x86_64-win64, but I have been unable to reproduce the error,
whether from my working branch or by applying the patches to the trunk.
I'm not sure if I'm missing a step, but everything compiles and links
fine with the example given.  Is anyone else able to produce the issue
as listed under https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=34628#c117339?

If that's all okay, are there still any glaring issues with coding
standards in regards to the units used, Florian?

Gareth aka. Kit

P.S. Despite the reported error, Akira1364 mentions that there is a
marked improvement in compilation time.

---