[fpc-devel] Bug fixes awaiting verification/approval

J. Gareth Moreton gareth at moreton-family.com
Fri Jul 12 15:04:55 CEST 2019

Hi everyone,

I just finished fixing issue #32913
<https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=32913> that's been on my books
for nearly a year now.  It turns out I didn't need the node dump feature
to fix it after all, although it was still a lot more challenging than I
would have given it credit for.

In the meantime, I have a couple of issues that have patches that
(hopefully) fix reported problems in the Free Pascal Compiler, and when
the administrators find time, I would like them to be evaluated for
correctness and to ensure I haven't broken any rules in regards to how
the compiler is structured.

#32913 - nested try blocks with exit gives Error: Internal error
<https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=32913>
#35700 - [Assembler] Fix for SSE/AVX instructions with 32- and 64-bit
operands <https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=35700> - this is a
parent of another reported issue: #32219 - AVX addition does not compile
<https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=32219>.

There are some other things on my list awaiting approval, but these are
features rather than bug fixes so are not as critical.

Thank you for time.

Gareth aka. Kit