[fpc-devel] Failure to recompile TAChart after FPC r40785 (committed by Jonas)

Jonas Maebe jonas at freepascal.org
Mon Jan 7 19:24:53 CET 2019

On 07/01/19 17:32, Mattias Gaertner via fpc-devel wrote:
> True, reason is that *non* static means there is a Self.
> But since there is no "object of objecttype" and no "record of
> recordtype", there is no type for Self in class methods of
> objects/record.

Object class methods do have a self parameter. If an object has a vmt,
the object class methods get this vmt pointer passed as self parameter.
Otherwise they get nil as self parameter. Kylix does not support calling
object class methods through tobjecttype.classmethod either, which is
indeed kind of strange.

It is not possible to declare a non-static class method (in FPC, at
least; Kylix does not support "advanced records", so I cannot test there).

Jonas