[fpc-devel] [Patch/RFC] Warnings for (in/over)complete case statements

Martok listbox at martoks-place.de
Wed Jan 2 17:32:42 CET 2019

Am 02.01.2019 um 11:06 schrieb Bart:
> So now I will have to add a useless else statement for every case
> statement that uses e.g. integers,
Well, as Jonas argues on fpc-pascal, you are supposed to add useless statements
anyway, which the compiler will then 100% remove...

j/k.

In all seriousness though, that is why I didn't include all integers. But enums
and small ordinals are often used as a "what is this data" tag, where it is
usually an oversight if some value is not checked.
I'm already not super happy this also applies to Char (a OS_8 ordinal), because
it makes case-based regular language parsing quite noisy.

Martok