[fpc-devel] [Patch/RFC] Warnings for (in/over)complete case statements

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 11:06:26 CET 2019

On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 9:44 AM Martok <listbox at martoks-place.de> wrote:

> - If a case statement on an ordinal does not contain labels for all values of
> the ordinal, and no else statement is given, raise a new warning (W6059). This
> is actually defined as an error in ISO7185 and a dynamic-violation in IEC10206.

So now I will have to add a useless else statement for every case
statement that uses e.g. integers, or rewrite them to if..then..else
or if value in [...]?
And how will I mage this when my code runs on different architecture
where the full range of the ordinal may differ?

Please no (to this part of the proposal).

Bart