[fpc-devel] "Blank slate" next version of FPC

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 20 14:51:55 CET 2019

Am Mi., 20. Feb. 2019, 12:07 hat Nikolai Zhubr <n-a-zhubr at yandex.ru>
geschrieben:

> So I'm just wondering, what is wrong with such approach that it is
> considered so harmfull for Pascal? (Not talking here about possible
> excessive complexity of actual implementation in compiler, and not
> talking about the exact syntax chosen for that, just the idea as a whole)

Pascal is a language where declaration and use of variables is separated.
It makes it easy to see what variables are declared and what type they are.
Inline variables mess this up as a variable can be declared somewhere
inside the code.
I use C++ to earn my living. I know why I'm not a fan of inline variables
as I've been biten by them often enough already.

Regards,
Sven