[fpc-devel] "Blank slate" next version of FPC

Ralf Quint freedos.la at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 22:37:44 CET 2019

On 2/14/2019 9:28 PM, James via fpc-devel wrote:
> I'm interested in starting (or joining) a discussion on the next
> (*non* backwards compatible) version of FPC. Instead of being
> classically object oriented, there is merit in examining a model with
> ad-hoc polymorphism like Rust.

I am, like apparently many others, NOT interested in such shenanigans.
Either program in Pascal or program in Rust.

Adding newfangled gadgets and gizmos might be all fine and dandy, but
don't force it down the throat of everyone as a must. I am not going to
throw away 40 years of libraries and snippets away and start from
scratch, just so some folks can claim to run with the in-crowd. I got
work to do...

Ralf

---