[fpc-devel] "Blank slate" next version of FPC

J. Gareth Moreton gareth at moreton-family.com
Sat Feb 16 01:37:02 CET 2019

 That's an interesting project there.

 One thing that does spring to mind though.,, what features of Delphi and
FPC made the language unsuitable for Martin Schreiber, and is it anything
we developers can possibly address in some way?

 Gareth aka. Kit

 On Fri 15/02/19 20:32 , Jonas Maebe jonas at freepascal.org sent:
 On 15/02/19 06:28, James via fpc-devel wrote:
 > I'm interested in starting (or joining) a discussion on the next (*non*
 > backwards compatible) version of FPC.

 As mentioned by others, that's not really something any of the current
 FPC developers are interested in working on. Martin Schreiber, however,
 was working on a project like that before he passed away, called
 Mselang: https://github.com/fredvs/mselang [1] .

 With him gone, the project is currently somewhat stalled, but at the
 same time if you wish to work on such a project, it is probably the most
 advanced of its kind and new contributors are undoubtedly welcome. You
 can subscribe to the MSE mailing list at
 https://sourceforge.net/projects/mseide-msegui/lists/mseide-msegui-talk
[2]

 Jonas

Links: