[fpc-devel] 3.0.4 and Windows 64

Ozz Nixon ozznixon at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 15:39:04 CEST 2018

Thank you very much sven! This is old code, and uses Extended and Comp, so
the xBase files are byte for byte compatible with Visual FoxPro. Most of
xBase is ASCII, However, uSoft in their wisdom started storing binary
formats when they bought out FoxBase and said, 20 byte ASCII or 4 byte
binary - xBase was not designed to be small, but, to be platform, CPU, and
programmer friendly. And decades later, we see something Microsoft screwed
up, and has dropped support for anyway (dropping FoxPro).

Thanks again!
Ozz