[fpc-devel] Multiple variable initialization

Ozz Nixon ozznixon at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 16:15:28 CET 2018

Actually (for clarity) JavaScript does allow multi-initialization, however,
does not require type:

var a=0,b=0,c=0; // all are zero
// and if your presetting to zero due to Pascal not pre-initializing
variables, javascript does, so:
var a,b,c; // all are zero

var a=b=c=1; // C and most JavaScript engines all three are 1
var a,b,c=2; // in certain JavaScript engines only initializes C ==2, a and
b are zero.

some Pascal Dialets do support
var a:=b:=c:=3; // all are 3

Ozz