[fpc-devel] Fix CamelCase in unit and method names

R0b0t1 r030t1 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 16:44:07 CET 2018

On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 10:18 AM, Juha Manninen
<juha.manninen62 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 3:15 PM, Denis Kozlov <dezlov at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Please do... It has caused enough eye (OCD) stress over the years ;)
>
> +1
> Yes, it has bothered also me a lot. I use code completion to get the
> unit names correctly. Most of them are CamelCase but some are
> lowercase. The result looks sloppy. Maybe it is OCD, don't know. It
> bothers me anyway.

I agree it looks sloppy. Something else that has bothered me, but a
lot less, is the conflicting naming standards.

E.g. Contnrs "should" really be Containers, more like Delphi; the
former is more of a C style that you find when everything is lower
case and abbreviated, which is not really the style I see most Object
Pascal programmers adopt.

I apologize for the unwarranted opinion, but it had been bothering me
for a while.

Cheers,
     R0b0t1