[fpc-devel] End of support for Win XP?

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 1 14:35:03 CET 2018

Am 01.02.2018 14:31 schrieb "Michael Van Canneyt" <michael at freepascal.org>:

On Thu, 1 Feb 2018, Denis Kozlov wrote:

A proposal:
> 1) Use windirs.GetWindowsSpecialDir in fpttf.pp, which already uses a more
> backwards compatible SHGetFolderPath().
> 2) Optionally, improve windirs.GetWindowsSpecialDir to use a newer
> SHGetKnownFolderPath() when it is available.
>
> If this is suitable, I can produce a patch for both.

I would not bother with 1, since the goal is to remove the reference to a
font
directory on windows and use the font API of the OS.

But why implement retrieving the folder multiple times? It's the purpose of
the WinDirs unit after all and it can default to the newer API if it's
available.

Regards,
Sven