[fpc-devel] Dangerous optimization in CASE..OF

Martok listbox at martoks-place.de
Fri Apr 13 16:16:58 CEST 2018

Am 13.04.2018 um 12:52 schrieb Ondrej Pokorny:
> I introduced the AS operator for enumerators in
> https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=33603
I'm still not convinced that cementing the FPC-ism of Ada-style high-level enums
is a good idea (and how that is even logically supposed to work with assigned
values), but if we want to go there, something like this feature is absolutely
required (Ada has it).

In that case, off the top of my head, succ/pred, for, bitsizeof and maybe sizeof
need to be fixed as well.

Martok

Ceterum censeo b32079 esse sanandam.