[fpc-devel] no rule to make target pass

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sat Aug 12 12:55:02 CEST 2017

In our previous episode, Marco van de Voort said:
> > an insufficient environment/command processor memory.
>
> I tried to check the console, and while the win32/win64 cmd.exe has no
> environment settings, I remembered I upgraded that machine to creators
> update. There was an item "legacy console" to go back to an older version.
>
> Unfortunately that didn't help, but I noticed that building in the fixes
> repo /DID/ work, just trunk didn't.

Ok, I found it. I ran trunk on a different machine and it worked, so I did a
fresh checkout and that also worked.

Turned out there were two files pass 1.pas and pass 2.pas, without
underscores, probably renamed from the originals due to running some
unrelated script in the wrong directory/drive.

Problem solved.