[fpc-devel] Raw ARC objects preview

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Tue Nov 8 23:04:25 CET 2016

On Tue, 8 Nov 2016, Jonas Maebe wrote:

> On 08/11/16 21:44, Maciej Izak wrote:
>>
>> One person from FPC core team suggested me to switch to C++/C# instead
>> of discussing with them.

Please quote me correctly.

I did not make this suggestion.

I said I am surprised that people feel the need to change pascal to look and
act like C++ or C#. This surprise not only concerns you, but many others.

I have voiced it many times on the mailing lists:
Why not simply use those languages if you want the features of those languages?

The "You" is meant impersonal in this question.

I also did ask for your personal motivation to use Pascal anyway - despite the
heavy discussions you experience with the core team, which must indeed be
demotivating - but in no way I meant the question as a suggestion to switch.

Michael.