[fpc-devel] Bug 29760 on FPC 3.0 Win64

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 11 08:04:16 CET 2016

Am 11.03.2016 07:52 schrieb "LacaK" <lacak at zoznam.sk>:

>> > Are there tests for compiler ?
>> > Is it possible, that such bug is not noticed during preparation of
release ?
>> > (or is it such special case, that this was not covered by existing
test?)

>> There are many and they are run every night for quite some platforms. It
could however be that this specific case was never tested.

> As I see there are some test units, which try do complex testing of given
subject (tint, ttrunc, tround etc.) and then there are "ad-hoc" test units
(name begins with "tw"+number), which more or less react only to given bug.
(so until bug is reported no test exists).
> I do not know if there is somebody who really knows what is in these "tw"
test units ? (I doubt that somebody can remember what is in thousand of
files)

We add the examples that are provided on bug reports as tests to avoid
regressions.

> So wouldn't be better have less bigger test units for example "tcurrency"
which will do complex testing for for example all math.operations with
currency data type ?
> (as opposed to have lot of fragments in lot of anonymous files)

Feel free to write such a test.

Regards,
Sven