[fpc-devel] Generics.Collections as package for Lazarus or package for FPC RTL

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Wed Jan 27 13:42:10 CET 2016

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 7:20 AM, Tomas Hajny <XHajT03 at hajny.biz> wrote:
> On Wed, January 27, 2016 09:46, Anthony Walter wrote:
>

> Anthony,
>
>> Do you care to address the issues I raised with the inconsistency of
>> string related functions I raised? Specifically the part about string
>> functions in SysUtils, StrUtils, LCLProcs, LazUTF8, among other units where
>> string related routines are scattered. Also strings aren't the only types
>> where we have these scattered around problems.
>
> I believe that I covered this one in my response at least partly - the
> scattering is due to creation of routines by different people from
> different teams. It is related to history and compatibility. I dont' see
> how namespaces might solve this.

Yes, you explained the motive... But we can't be more organized now?
The major problem, for me, not is because we don't use 'dots' in unit
names but the names chosen itself.
For example: Lazarus has LCLProcs, LazUTF8. Why haven't added "Laz" every unit?
Lazarus.Text.Encoding is a beautiful name... but just using
LazTextEncoding, LazTextUTF8 do the same.

My problem are the names, not the 'design' them.

My 2 cents...

Marcos Douglas