[fpc-devel] fpc iso mode

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Wed Feb 3 20:07:51 CET 2016

On Wed, February 3, 2016 20:00, Sven Barth wrote:
> On 03.02.2016 16:58, Schindler Karl-Michael wrote:
 .
 .
>> How about his suggestion about renaming the mode to iso7185? Too late?
>
> We could maybe add iso7185 as an alternative to iso and deprecate the
> latter...
>
>> How about calling ExtendedPascal iso10206 instead of extpas?
>
> Since Extended Pascal supported is only in trunk that would be no
> problem...

Not really important for me personally, but I wonder: Would all/most
potential users remember the ISO standard numbers when typing command line
parameters, or is it better to include the ISO number just in the help
pages and documentation, but keep the mode name as it is to simplify it
for users?

Tomas