[fpc-devel] FPC internal linker issues with Win64 .a startic-link libraries by GCC newer than 4.8.1

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 12 17:09:00 CET 2016

Am 12.12.2016 15:09 schrieb "Maciej Izak" <hnb.code at gmail.com>:

>> I'm still thinking about a solution that will satisfy both of our points
as good as possible - yes, I already have an idea. Maybe I'll share it this
evening when I'm home again.

> Do you mean :
>
> === code begin ===
>   TRecordTypeField = packed record // without "Field: TManagedField"
>     Flags: Byte; // visibility
>     Name: ShortString;
>   end;

>         { tkRecord }
>         property ManagedFldCount: Integer read GetManagedFldCount;
 deprecated 'Use TotalFieldCount'; // return TotalFieldCount
>       tkRecord: (
>         RecSize: Integer;
>         ManagedFieldCount: Integer;
>         TotalFieldCount: Integer;
>        {TotalFields: array[0..TotalFieldCount - 1] of TManagedField;
>         ManagedFields: array[0..ManagedFieldCount - 1] of TManagedField;
// or indirect pointer to init table ?
>         RecFields: array[0..TotalFieldCount - 1] of TRecordTypeField});
> === code end ===
>
> Full backward compatible... Fair enough and a little Delphi incompatible
(it is already incompatible so no big difference and no redundant info for
TRecordTypeField)

Nearly. ;) I'll reply later on in the other thread.

Regards,
Sven