[fpc-devel] Initialize/Finalize management operators and Default intrinsic

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Tue Apr 12 23:53:54 CEST 2016

Sven Barth wrote:
> Functions that use such global variables could have a flag added which
> gets added recursively and thus we could warn in the initialization
> sections if such routines are used nevertheless.

This is not desirable, because then you need to modify the interface
information for such routines after their implementation gets parsed.
Even if you do that, it's not possible, because
a) in case of circular dependencies, the implementation of unit1, which
uses such a routine from the interface of unit2, may already be compiled
by the time you set that flag
b) procedure variables

Jonas