[fpc-devel] Pascal Smart Pointers Idea + ARC implementation

Maciej Izak hnb.code at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 19:09:21 CEST 2015

> Am 10.10.2015 18:19 schrieb "Maciej Izak" <hnb.code at gmail.com>:
> > class operator TSmartPtr<T>.Copy(constref aSource: TSmartPtr<T>; var
> aDest: TSmartPtr<T>);
> > begin
> >   if aDest.RefCount <> nil then
> >     Finalize(aDest);
> >   if aSource.RefCount <> nil then
> >     InterLockedIncrement(aSource.RefCount^);
> >   aDest.RefCount := aSource.RefCount;
> >   aDest.Instance := aSource.Instance;
> > end;
>
> Shouldn't it be SmartFinalize here as well instead of Finalize?

Yes, it should be SmartFinalize.

> While I see and understand your reasoning behind it I don't really like
> it... There needs to be some better way for this... hmm... :/

I am only sure about MANAGEMENTOPERATORS.

instead of "default" field we can introduce:

operator Dot: T;
operator Dereference: T;
operator Addr: T;
operator DoubleAddr: T;
operator DefaultImplicit: T;
operator TypeInfo: PTypeInfo;

but this solution is much slower. btw. we can introduce also this operators
for better control of "default" field. (all of above operator have higher
priority than "default" field and "default" field has bigger priority than
class operator).

--
Best regards,
Maciej Izak