[fpc-devel] patch for rtl/linux/aarch64/cprt0.as

Edmund Grimley Evans edmund.grimley.evans at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 20:50:58 CEST 2015

Jonas:

> Anyway, you're right, the startup code for Linux/x86-64 does not
> pass the libc init/fini routines and hence is broken. And that's
> indeed not something to still change right before the release.

But perhaps you'll want to consider fpc-x86_64-cprt0.patch (attached)
for the trunk. I can confirm that it doesn't break Debian's build.
Perhaps someone else can test it in some other way.

And here's an improved patch for AArch64: fpc-aarch64-cprt0.patch.
AArch64 seems to need a corresponding version of the change that was
needed for i386, so I've included both changes here. (So if you've
already applied the patch from Debian bug #800811 there will be a
conflict.) Apart from the i386 part, this patch could perhaps go into
fixes_3_0_ios as it clearly (I hope) only affects AArch64-Linux so
can't break anything that used to work.

Edmund