[fpc-devel] New FPC language/dialect MODE, Generics.Collections and new branch

Dmitry Boyarintsev skalogryz.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 19:32:38 CEST 2015

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 11:44 AM, Paul van Helden <paul at planetgis.co.za>
wrote:

> The Oxygene dialect is absolutely beautiful in my opinion. Lots of things
> in there that I've been wanting for decades and many stupid things dropped
> completely. Silly example: var declarations when you need them like C.
> So will FPC "embrace the future"? Or is the project only geared toward
> "veteran pascal programmers" that don't share my vision?

What's the point of waiting FPC update then?
Isn't it better just to stop using FPC, convert the source code to Oxygen
and use Oxygene instead?

When all new syntax features are added to default pascal mode, I'll have to
patch the compiler introducing {$mode retro}  :)

Wider variety of libraries is the solution to the language popularity.
The better libraries api is the solution to "syntax limitation" problem.

thanks,
Dmitry