[fpc-devel] Multiple Helpers for a type

Michael Ring mail at michael-ring.org
Sun Jul 12 11:55:49 CEST 2015

Here's a simplified example, it fails with a compiler error when
compiling it with trunk:

test.pas(37,5) Error: Illegal qualifier

program test;
{$modeswitch objpas}
{$modeswitch advancedrecords}
{$modeswitch typehelpers}
type
   testlongWord = longWord;
var
   t : testlongWord;
type
   testlongWordHelper1 = record helper for testlongWord
     procedure setValue1(a : longWord);
     function getValue1 : longWord;
     property Value1 : longWord read getValue1 write setValue1;
   end;

type
   //testlongWordHelper2 = record helper (testlongWordHelper1) for
testlongWord
   testlongWordHelper2 = record helper for testlongWord
     procedure setValue2(a : longWord);
     function getValue2 : longWord;
     property Value2 : longWord read getValue2 write setValue2;
   end;

procedure testlongWordHelper1.setValue1(a : longWord);
begin
end;
function testlongWordHelper1.getValue1 : longWord;
begin
end;

procedure testlongWordHelper2.setValue2(a : longWord);
begin
end;
function testlongWordHelper2.getValue2 : longWord;
begin
end;

begin
   t.Value1 := 10;