[fpc-devel] Embedded Strings on nRF51-DK

Paul Michell Paul at michellcomputing.co.uk
Sat Apr 18 08:44:51 CEST 2015

Georg

Thank you so much for the detailed response.  Your points were very
helpful.  I've answered your questions in-line below:

On Thursday 16 Apr 2015 19:38:56 Georg Hieber wrote:
> 1) you write somewhere that you ported things from c, and your examples
> start as
>    "function main: integer ..."
>     which looks to me exactly like int main().

It is! I did a direct translation of the C example 'main.c'.

> 8) does your program have a "program", i.e. a main file that adheres to
> the syntax
>
> program myprog
> ....declarations...
> begin
> ....statements....
> end.

Not at the moment. I would like to be able to do that, but I wasn't sure what
would be involved in moving over to the full embedded compiler target. The
Nordic Semiconductor platform has firmware to support its RF/Bluetooth
hardware which has to be flashed independently and then I think the linker
then targets a different address for the program depending upon configuration.
Until I properly understand this process I did not want to step too far from
the supported GCC mechanism.

> I hope what I wrote helps a little and does not bore too much,

Not at all,  thank you for sharing your insights.

Kind regards,

Paul