[fpc-devel] "Signals"

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Sep 26 11:53:41 CEST 2014

On 09/26/2014 11:40 AM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> That is an implementation detail of Qt. Not so in FPC.
Correct.

Hence - if you say the signaling stuff is not / should not be a language
feature but just a matter of a library (I don't disagree here) fpc is
unrelated to this. I feel that fpc would have no problems with an
implementation of an environment that allows for more than one thread
that features event-driven programming (While Lazarus only allows for a
single such "Main"-Thread. mse: I don't know, but I suspect that Martin
did think about it.)

> So DBus is your best bet, since it is widely supported. I believe Qt
> uses it as well (or can use it).
In fact my colleague did mention QT, I did point him to dbus after you
mentioned it. dbus seems less bloated (if you don't need the QT GUI stuff).

-Michael