[fpc-devel] Suggestion: reference counted objects

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Sep 25 12:08:23 CEST 2014

On 09/25/2014 11:52 AM, Sven Barth wrote:

> TARCObject would just be provided for convenience reasons. The real
> magic is a keyword that can be used for any class to enable ARC for
> that class and all it's descendant.

I see. Hence, technically, there would be a kind of "attribute syntax",
but it's only necessary to afflict it to the type TARCObject, that
already is defined in the RTL. Hence the user does not see it.

Now the "RefCounted" attribute is inherited by it's siblings.
> Nope. Normal compiler business.
Great ! So there will not be any harm with your RFC.

-Michael