[fpc-devel] Suggestion: reference counted objects

Boian Mitov mitov at mitov.com
Wed Sep 24 18:38:13 CEST 2014

Extremely easy.
We made the decision after discovering how much easier the code is to maintain and grow. We have sped up our development by a factor of more than 3 times, and we have reduced maintenance issues by approximately 6 times.
As I said, the future will show who was on the right track ;-) .
I have the feeling you think anonymous methods are just methods without a name, that is not the case at all (just the syntax is like that), so that is probably why you underestimate their power.
If you are interested to learn what makes them so enormously powerful, you can watch my session of functional programming on the last CodeRage. But there are also plenty of other resources.

With best regards,
Boian Mitov

Mitov Software
www.mitov.com