[fpc-devel] weak referencing (was Suggestion:.....)

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 23 14:56:04 CEST 2014

Am 23.09.2014 10:39 schrieb "Marco van de Voort" <marcov at stack.nl>:

> In our previous episode, Sven Barth said:
> > Because people want new features. There are Delphi programmers that look
> > at FPC and think "It does not support XYZ, so I won't use it", even if
>
> IMHO a very large percentage of them will just find the next excuse.
>
> More importantly, is it really healthy to focus on new users only? We are
> not embarcadero that only get money from new licenses.

That's why I'm not going to implement e.g. ARC as Embarcadero did it, but
instead listen to input from the community to find a better solution that
more users can live with.
Also at least in my opinion it's not only about new features for the sake
of feature or to get Delphi developers, but to use the one or other nice
library that relies on Delphi 2010+ features; currently these are for me:
- Spring4D (or so) framework
- OmniThreadLibrary
- Thrift

Regards,