[fpc-devel] Suggestion: reference counted objects

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue Sep 23 10:55:44 CEST 2014

In our previous episode, Boian Mitov said:
> You have a data object that needs to be processed by 600 threads, and when
> they all have consumed(finished with it) it, it needs to be disposed.

I do this all the time, but I don't recognize that at all.

Usually one in such case has 600 objects with the per job context, and one
object to capture the results with cumulatives.  But since the results first need to be
processed after all jobs finished, typically the result processor (a
different thread) remains owner and frees.

It seems that the only results of your paralel processing is that all memory
is freed.