[fpc-devel] Suggestion: reference counted objects

Gennady Agranov gennadyagranov at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 20:15:00 CEST 2014

 >>> I just want to remind you people (whoever is working on it) that
ARC is already implemented in FPC for interface types and I am personally
 >>> satisfited with the way /it works now/ for interface variables, and
only wish that I could enable this feature for class instance variables.
 >>> Can't someone just, you know, Ctrl+C & Ctrl+V it?

I assume you are talking about ARC for variables/fields of some class
that implements interface?

Yes me, too!

Coming from Java I could not even comprehend at the beginning that if
variable type is interface - it is reference counted, but if variable
type is a class that implements interface - it is not ?!

Regards,
Gena