[fpc-devel] Question about Syntax: I there a reason for this design?

Boian Mitov mitov at mitov.com
Sun Sep 21 19:45:46 CEST 2014

  Hi Jonas,

I actually agree that it is a nice feature, and I want to have it both in
Delphi and FPC :-) .
I prefer the anonymous method syntax as it means less typing, and typing is
expensive, however there are cases when I really would love to capture local
function. I had few of them already.
The problem is even bigger. You can't even call a local function from
anonymous method doe to the same capturing issue :-( . This really should
have been addressed in Delphi.

With best regards,
Boian Mitov

Mitov Software