[fpc-devel] MIPS big-endian program starts but does nothing

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 7 13:49:06 CEST 2014

Am 07.09.2014 11:25 schrieb "Reinier Olislagers" <
reinierolislagers at gmail.com>:

> On 06/09/2014 22:38, Sven Barth wrote:
> > Am 06.09.2014 11:27 schrieb "Reinier Olislagers"
> > <reinierolislagers at gmail.com<mailto:reinierolislagers at gmail.com>>:
> > Would you please as a test remove the Classes unit as well? It does some
> > rather heavyweight initialization (which I noticed during getting m68k
> > back to life).
> Done. No change unfortunately.
> FPC r28606

Well... Was worth a try....

> > Are you sure "mips" is the big endian version? (I don't remember whether
> > it's mips and mipsle or mipsbe and nips...)
> Yep. It's mips and mipsel.

Noted ^^

> > Would you please check with the mips objdump whether this is
> > really the case?
> Should this do it?
> objdump -x "hellomips" | grep -i c
>
> If so, apparently no mention of a c library:

Indeed.

We have at least two testsuite runs on BigEndian that only have an
overviewable amount of errors, so this indeed seems like something specific
to the system or the way you compiled it. Can't help any further though,
sorry. :(

Regards,
Sven