[fpc-devel] MIPS big-endian program starts but does nothing

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 11:24:46 CEST 2014

On 06/09/2014 22:38, Sven Barth wrote:
> Am 06.09.2014 11:27 schrieb "Reinier Olislagers"
> <reinierolislagers at gmail.com <mailto:reinierolislagers at gmail.com>>:
> Would you please as a test remove the Classes unit as well? It does some
> rather heavyweight initialization (which I noticed during getting m68k
> back to life).
Done. No change unfortunately.
FPC r28606

> Are you sure "mips" is the big endian version? (I don't remember whether
> it's mips and mipsle or mipsbe and nips...)
Yep. It's mips and mipsel.

> Additionally a simple Helloworld binary like that should not have any
> library dependencies (FPC's RTL normally uses syscalls directly on Linux
> after all).
Ok, thanks, that helps.

> Would you please check with the mips objdump whether this is
> really the case?
Should this do it?
objdump -x "hellomips" | grep -i c

If so, apparently no mention of a c library:
architecture: mips:isa32r2, flags 0x00000102:
EXEC_P, D_PAGED
   STACK off    0x00000000 vaddr 0x00000000 paddr 0x00000000 align 2**2
Sections:
                  CONTENTS, ALLOC, LOAD, READONLY, DATA, LINK_ONCE_SAME_SIZE
                  CONTENTS, ALLOC, LOAD, READONLY, CODE
                  CONTENTS, ALLOC, LOAD, READONLY, DATA
                  CONTENTS, ALLOC, LOAD, DATA
                  CONTENTS, ALLOC, LOAD, DATA
                  ALLOC
                  ALLOC
                  CONTENTS, READONLY

Generated executable at
https://bitbucket.org/reiniero/fpc_laz_patch_playground/downloads/hellomips

objdump -x "hellomips" > hellomips_objdump.txt
output in
https://bitbucket.org/reiniero/fpc_laz_patch_playground/downloads/hellomips_objdump.txt