[fpc-devel] Binary Package System Discussion?

Den cyraid at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 02:28:11 CEST 2014

Hi Sven!

     I suppose you can just have Build Servers and build all major
OS/Architectures.  The platform differences could be solved by an
additional 'target dependent' package.  But I suppose with the Dynamic
Packages, we could just bundle the different architectures in the one
Package File, and have a header which states which architectures it has
in it, or even in the file listings in the Package in a certain
directory.  When that time comes, fun stuff will happen, as the Lazarus
could be made to auto-update and such for the normal folk. (I know mine
is practically auto-update.. Update VCS and then rebuild :p ) and then
there's FPCUP .. But just thought something like Netbeans.

     I was also thinking, when I have time, I wanted to make an API for
Lazarus which devs could make their own VCS and have it display in the
IDE, to make it more modern.. But I have a project due very very soon,
so I can't really work on it yet. :p

Anyway, thanks for the reply Sven! I'll have that bug fix tested as soon
as I get a moment.
Take care!

- Den