[fpc-devel] fpcmkcfg invocation for two versions (linux)

Marc Weustink marc at dommelstein.nl
Thu Oct 23 17:29:00 CEST 2014

Gennadiy Poryev wrote:
> thank you,
>
> but my question was more about where to put fpc.cfg so that both
> versions can use it properly, or, if that is not possible, where to
> stuff different fpc.cfg's for the same purpose?
> and what would be the basepath in either case?

execute ppx64 -vut

the last lines of the output list the patch searched for fpc.cfg
In my case
[0.004] Configfile search: /home/marc/.fpc.cfg
[0.004] Configfile search: /home/marc/etc/fpc.cfg
[0.004] Configfile search: /etc/fpc.cfg

I also vaguely recall that the dir of the compiler is searched too, but
isn't listed here (it might be a windows only thing or something from
the past)

Marc