[fpc-devel] Building 2.7.1 on current Raspbian fails

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Thu Oct 23 14:41:51 CEST 2014

On 10/23/2014 11:49 AM, Jonas Maebe wrote:
> On 23/10/14 11:28, Thaddy de Koning wrote:
>>
>>> The starting compiler is any official FPC 2.6.4 compiler that can be
>>> downloaded from our website. With any of those compilers, you can build
>>> both cross and native trunk compiler for any of the targets supported
>>> only by trunk. That's how all targets are bootstrapped.
>>>
>> Not for ARMV6 EABIHF
>
> That's why I said you have to cross-compile. E.g.:
> * download FPC 2.6.4 of Linux/i386

And for those who are wondering why Jonas is making such a big point out
of this: http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=26930 (Just a bug report
from today)

We get this kind of bugs, questions and comments all the time. All from
people who try to build trunk-with-trunk, while they do not know what
they are doing.

That must stop. So, please, please, *never* say you can/have to build
fpc-trunk with fpc-trunk. (Unless it's the same revision)

Joost.