[fpc-devel] creating the embedded port of fpc

Sietse Achterop s.achterop at rug.nl
Sun Oct 12 18:40:27 CEST 2014

On 10/12/2014 10:54 AM, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Sietse Achterop wrote:
>>   Dear list,
>> I try to get the embedded port of fpc (for both lcp1728 and stm32f4) to work but fail.
>> I use the info on
>>    http://wiki.freepascal.org/TARGET_Embedded
>> but immediate get:
>>    make[1]: -iVSPTPSOTO: Command not found

> export PP=....
> make clean all

   Ok, thanks. I now see that you need the hosts fpc to create the embedded version. I assumed only gcc was needed.

The given make-command only works as root, so i use a INSTALL_PREFIX:
    make clean buildbase installbase INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/sietse CROSSINSTALL=1 OS_TARGET=embedded CPU_TARGET=arm SUBARCH=armv7m
This works ok.

But the command
    fpc -Parm -Tembedded -Wplpc1768 -Cparmv7m tled1.pp
gives:
    Error: ppcarm can't be executed, error message: Failed to execute "ppcarm", error code: 127

I notice that "make installbase" did not install a program fpc in /home/sietse/bin, but I find
    /home/sietse/lib/fpc/2.7.1/ppcrossarm
If I try
    /home/sietse/lib/fpc/2.7.1/ppcrossarm -Parm -Tembedded -Wplpc1768 -Cparmv7m tled1.pp

Free Pascal Compiler version 2.7.1 [2014/10/12] for arm
Copyright (c) 1993-2014 by Florian Klaempfl and others
Target OS: Embedded
Compiling tled1.pp
Fatal: Can't find unit system used by Program
Fatal: Compilation aborted

So the ppcrosarm probably is the correct main program, but it seems that the fpc for the embedded port isn't installed.
Where is the fpc that will call ppcrosarm?

   Hopefully this make sense.
        Sietse