[fpc-devel] Regionalisation (Was ThousandSeparator)

Michael Thompson mike.cornflake at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 07:48:39 CET 2014

On 26 November 2014 at 23:54, Hans-Peter Diettrich <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com>
wrote:

> Conclusion:
> Proper handling of separators in formatted numbers is essential, or else
> users may run into so big trouble, that they will drop your program as
> unusable.
>
> DoDi

(renamed subject due to change in topic)

I hear you, but this issue is so much wider than separators.  I know one
software package that will only successfully export data to excel if the
system regional is one of the "English (xxx)" variations (Australian
guaranteed to work, not really played with the rest...).  In this case, the
client (in Denmark) has one PC in a corner, set to Australian settings,
just for exports...

As an Australian developer, this is just embarrassing...

Mike