[fpc-devel] DF64 BSD -- FPC running natively but argument address mangling prevents bootstrap

John Marino fpc-devel at marino.st
Tue Nov 18 16:14:31 CET 2014

On 11/18/2014 16:02, Marco van de Voort wrote:
> In our previous episode, Jonas Maebe said:
>>> 	Path "/usr/lib/" not found
>>> 	Path "/lib/" not found
>>> 	Free Pascal Compiler version 2.6.4 [2014/11/18] for x86_64
>>> 	Copyright (c) 1993-2014 by Florian Klaempfl and others
>>> 	Fatal: No source file name in command line
>>> 	Fatal: Compilation aborted
>>> 	Error: bin/ppcx64 returned an error exitcode (normal if you did not
>>> specify a source file to be compiled)
>>
>> Such problems usually mean that the stat or statfs record needs
>> adjustments. You can find the "stat" record definition in
>> rtl/bsd/ostypes.inc. statfs is in rtl/<yourosdir>/ptypes.inc
>
> And
> - getcwd  (part of truename directory expansion)
> - opendir/readdir and friends.
>
> If something is wrong it sometimes shows up in ptrace.
>
> getcwd is a likely candidate since afaik that changed FreeBSD 5+

Thanks, Marco.
The TStatfs structure needed updating but it wasn't the cause of my
issues.

In case people are interested, I pushed my patches publicly:
https://github.com/DragonFlyBSD/DeltaPorts/commit/117fa674817cc090a11b058d2f7bbf8e96b2e286

Don't worry about the patches to the generated makefiles.  I had to do
that based on the ports build order.  I know those will get regenerated
when they get incorporated into the dev branch.

The patch that defines OLDBINUTILS to avoid assembly is not a permanent
patch (Dragonfly has binutils 2.24 in base, not an issue).

I'll check out your hints!

John